Thursday, January 21, 2016

Rayns Down in Africa

True to the Toto lyrics, when the rain decides to come down, it sure comes down in Africa. Today, I decided to finally get my SIM card registered at the MTN shop in the mall during lunch and, as I was negotiating the boda price to get back to the office, light rain turned into downpour. I went from dry to dripping in about 0.5 seconds and quickly lost the negotiation when I became more desperate to just get on my way. As a result of the rain though, I can say I have taken my first "eyes-shut" boda ride. It's useless keeping your eyes peeled for pot holes when there are huge drops of water running down your in the face! Nonetheless, it was an awesome ride. To Jimmy Buffett I say, "Yeah, I like getting caught in the rain... especially while on a motorcycle zipping around matatus."

To further prove my point, I took a few photos from the office for your viewing pleasure.

We're agile, not waterfall, contrary to what this might imply
The software team + the deluge
If you've ever tried to take a picture of rain, you know it has to be POURING in order to show anything.
Case and point right here.

Speaking of rain, if you want to know where all the cool kids are shopping in these parts, check out Paple Rayn. It's a sweet clothing store, selling boots, blazers, and everything in between. But wait... it gets cooler. If you order from Kampala, you get same day delivery via boda! AND it's pay on arrival, so you don't owe Paple Rayn anything until you decide to purchase the product in your hands. Yep, I'm going to have to check this out at some point. But first I need to get a place to house these things. Hopefully this will be a post subject soon! An apartment is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment