Thursday, April 14, 2016

Carol's Chapatis

This weekend, I'm going to Sipi Falls (a beautiful waterfall in eastern Uganda) with some friends and I offered to make everyone rolexes for the drive out. Immediately after offering, I remembered that my chapatis are not exactly up to par and ran to our chef at Fenix to see if she could give me any tips. Ladies and gentlemen, I finally have an awesome chapati recipe to pass along to you! These are some of the best!

CHAPATIS du CAROL



Ingredients:
1/2 kg baking flour
1 onion, grated
1/2 garlic, grated
2 tbsp. cooking oil
lukewarm water
1 tsp. sugar

Method:

  1. Grate onions, garlic in lukewarm water
  2.  Add oil & sugar, stir
  3. Add baking flour & knead to a soft dough
  4. Add 2 tbsp of oil & continue kneading until your hands become clean
  5. Leave the dough to rest for 30 minutes
  6. Make the dough into small balls
  7. Roll balls (one at a time) into round shape on a warm frying pan
  8. Brush the chapati with oil on top and turn the top side down to fry. Do the same with the other side until both side are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment